1. CLIENT PARTICIPATION: A web designer can design and layout your website. Without your continued participation, input and work the website will probably not reach its full potential. Some suggestions to promote your website are: blogging, social media (Facebook Business Page, Twitter, Article Writing, and Blog Commenting). Anywhere and everywhere that you can plant your URL throughout the internet helps your website page ranking.
2. ORGANIZATION, STRUCTURE AND PLANNING: Good websites are well organized and follow a structure. They are not cluttered; they are clean and professional. They are also built around a target audience and market. Organization makes a website accessible and user-friendly.
3. GREAT NAVIGATION: Successful websites offer simple and user friendly navigation. Visitors must find everything they need quick and easy. If users have to wander around the site trying to find what they need they will get frustrated and leave.
4. WEBSITE CONTENT: The success of your website is largely dependent on whether people can find your site using a search engine. Google no longer uses the meta keywords tag, but it does use keywords to help identify a web site’s relevance to a user’s search.
For example if you run a Computer Repair business in Tucson, Arizona. most individuals would search for the products that you sell product using the phrase "Computer Repair Tucson." That would be a phrase that we would have as one of the website keywords, and as part of on page content.
When it comes to textual content on a page, using more words means more ranking opportunities. The standard recommendation is to have a minimum word count of at least 500 words per page for a keyword/keyword phrases (service/category) you want to rank well in the search engines. This will give you a good foundation for being able to integrate 5 to 10 keyword/keyword phrases, while still keeping the content natural. The SEO Plugin that we use is SEO by Yoast. The recommendation is ONE keyword/keyword phrase per page.
The search engine looks for keywords in the page content, the URL, the title tag, and incoming links as it ranks your web site against those of competitors. How often and where you use keywords and the quality of the keywords is critical. The best quality keywords are those that are most commonly used by Internet users searching for your products or services.
For visitors to your website and search engine spiders that will crawl through your site - CONTENT IS IMPORTANT. That's why content should never be an afterthought - just something to fill in the white space between images and flashy multimedia presentations. Our tips for writing good content will help you create content that attracts visitors and turns them into customers.
5. COMPELLING GRAPHICS: The site on page textual content is key for search engines, but the graphics are key for the user experience. There is a fine line to walk here. Too many images make it harder for the search engines to fully understand what your site is about, too few may make it kind of boring. When you use images, make sure that you tag with alt tags them properly to help the search engines out.itored daily.
6. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CALL TO ACTION: What do you want your visitors to do? Should they pick up the phone and call you? E-mail? Sign up for something? Buy your product online? A great website will guide your traffic where you want them to end up. If you’re selling a product, convince the visitors to buy and make it easy for them to do so. If you offer a service, let them know how and why they can benefit from it. Be clear and concise. Don’t make visitors think.
7. USER EXPERIENCE: How does your website work for the people who visit your site? Is it easy for them to find your resources or content? Does your website work on desktops and mobile devices? Is your font difficult to read? Can people figure out your menu system? Delivering a great user experience is critical. You can have amazing content or beautiful graphics, but if your visitor gets frustrated trying to use your website, you have already lost your investment.
8. KEEPING THE CONTENT FRESH: Fresh material added regularly to your site keeps visitors coming back to see what's new. Some sites are constantly updated by the natural activity of their business, such as news, real estate, classified ads or online catalogs. However every site should routinely feature creative new content, text, graphics or images, to build the traffic of repeat visitors. Some sites add such features as scrolling news headlines, current time/temperature, discussion boards, or ad-your-own-link pages to stimulate a growing viewership. By all means, don't limit your web to a static, stale presentation. Spending the time and resources to maintain freshness, usefulness and relevancy will reap a tremendous dividend. Websites must continually evolve and be refined to meet the increasing demands of your audience or client base, as well as reflect the progressing technologies and new browser versions. As time goes by, you may see the usefulness of adding a search tool, automated forms, a mailing list database or other interactive functions. You may discover better ways to organize your information or improve the usability of your site. You may also come up with more features to add which do nothing more than help provide some benefit to your visitors, which is a sure-fire way to build a rapport with future clients or customers.
9. WEBSITE MAINTENANCE AND SECURITY: There should always be a constant technical supervision of your site to keep it running smoothly. Just like in all other aspects of life's journey, the cyber-highway also has it's pot-holes and road hazards. You want to make sure your host server is always doing what it's supposed to, that your files and file directory structures remain intact, and that all your links are still functional. You should also review a regular report of site statistics, to see how much traffic you are getting, where it's coming from, in order to evaluate the overall effectiveness of your web. Anyone who relies on their site for business purposes should have it monitored daily.