Easy answer - you want your business to GET FOUND!
1. Online Marketing: Most companies spend a lot of money creating brochures, flyers, and advertisements and distributing them. Not to mention the investment in a phonebook advertisement. By having a website these can be skipped entirely. Potential customers can find out about your business and your products online - anytime night or day.
2. Getting Connected to More Customers: More than 2.4 billion people world-wide have access to the World Wide Web. Ninty percent of those people have either purchased something online or contacted a business online in the last 12 months. No matter what your business is you can't ignore 2.4 billion people.
3. Business Credibility and Value: A well maintained website lends credibility to your business. It tells the world, including your customers and potential customers that you are invested in your business.
4. The Ability to Educate and Influence: By having a website your business has the potential to influence and educate potentially thousands of people. How does this happen? Through selling your cause, business or product. Your online presence is influencing someone to do business with you!
5. Tooting Your Own Horn: A website give you and your business the ability to "show off" what you do, have testimonials from customers, and a portfolio of your work.
6. Keeping Your Business Goals and Vision Current: Having a well maintained website will cause you to continually revist your mission, goals, product descriptions, etc. The key is WELL MAINTAINED. . . this is so critical to keep your website fresh and maintained.
7. An Affordable Business Investment: A GREAT website is affordable and in reach of every small business owner. The cost of a website is an INVESTMENT in your business and its future.
8. Always Available - 24/7: Your website will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It is there greeting your customers. It is your online business card and the online face of your business. Your website will be working while you are sleeping, on vacation, or spending time with your family! It is like having an extra salesperson, never complaining about being overworked or working too hard; in fact they don’t stop working. Selling your product 24/7 365 days per year.
9. Customer Communication: Through website features - blog, contact form, etc., you can have direct contact with your customers/potential customers and provide product offers, events, coupons, etc. Even if you just conduct business within your community, you want to let people in that community know that you are interested in serving them in any way possible. If you don't, your competitors will.
10. Employee Recruitement Tool: Your own website is a great tool for recruitment when you’re looking to fill positions with your business. The classified ads have all but disappeared from traditional print medium, making the move to digital (like everything else). Your website can be a direct hub for taking and processing online applications, alleviating the hassle of collecting and sorting through endless piles of cover letters and resumes.