Why is WordPress Our Content Management System (CMS) of Choice?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/wowserswebdesign.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/media.php on line 1948
WordPress is web software you can use to create a highly functional website or blog. The WordPress Program is both free and priceless at the same time. WordPress started as a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes. The core web design software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, and when you’re ready for more there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine.
Over 25 million people have chosen WordPress to power their website or blog. Most notable users of WordPress include the likes of CNN, The New York Times, Katy Perry, The Ford Story, Wheaton College, MTV Newsroom, Mashable, and WSJ Magazine.
Here are just a few of the advantages of using WordPress:
- Once the website is up and running, if you choose, you can manage the website yourself! No special software required. And since it is internet based, you can be anywhere at anytime and login to your website to make updates or changes
- There are an almost unlimited number of plug-ins or add-ons that have been developed to perform everything from shopping carts to contact forms. These are updated and upgraded constantly so you always have the latest technology and innovations at your fingertips.
- Search Engine Optimization - The construction of WordPress website is consistent and streamlined that Google finds very inviting for indexing. Plus, with the right setup, you’re able to customize every page or post you make to give you the highest possible probability of getting your pages in high search results positions.
- Since all business websites today need a business blog, you have it already there built right in. You can now interact with your visitors.
- There are many, many more places to promote a WordPress website for free than a traditional website. You not only can market it to all of the places you could any other website, you can also send it to all of the blog directories. This means you have the potential of reaching many more visitors than a standard HTML website.
- WordPress has a built in RSS feed. This means you have the ability to syndicate your content. This is a very powerful traffic grabbing tool. To add RSS to a traditional website, you would have to pay your web designer to create the feed for you for additional fees.
- Consistency - No matter how many pages you add in page template format makes visitors less confused.
- Better Time Management – Add content for your blog and then schedule those posts to publish on your site on whatever day and time you want. You could write an entire 12-week e-course, for example, break it up into 12 pieces and have each automatically post to the site at the same day and time each week for 12 weeks.
- Social Networking Friendly – Automatically integrate your blog posts with social media like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin instead of having to go to each one, login, and make a post that you’ve just added something new to your website.
- Engage with Current Media – Easily add audio and video to posts and pages.
- Mobile Readiness - No need to produce a second Web site just for mobile users. WordPress automatically recognizes if a person is viewing the site through a Web browser or mobile device and configures the content to be viewed appropriately on either.
- Free Upgrades – Unlike traditional Web site software like Dreamweaver, PhotoShop or Flash, upgrades to WordPress blog software is free.
These are just a few of the benefits of using WordPress for your business website. There are many more, so don’t wait – give us a call (520) 789-7638. Wowsers Web Design is a WordPress Web Designer in Tucson and serves clients throughout Tucson and beyond!